Ballet 180 School COVID-19 Guidelines
The health and safety of our staff and students is a top priority. The following guidelines are in place for the 2021-2022 school year and will be evaluated and updated based on the latest CDC and medical advice.
All students attending class at the studio must agree to the policies below and must read, sign, and return this COVID-19 WAIVER before attending class: BALLET 180 SCHOOL COVID-19 WAIVER
- Students must arrive to the studio dressed in their dance uniform and ready for class.
- Based upon recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics, we ask that all individuals wear face masks while indoors.
- Students should bring the absolute minimum inside the studio and all personal items must be in a dance bag.
- Students can bring a water bottle that they can easily open/drink.
- Students with multiple classes in one day, that are not back-to-back, must leave the studio until their next scheduled class time.
- Our doors will be locked from the outside and we will allow each class to enter the building when it is time for their class to begin. Therefore, please line up outside of the entrance 5-10 minutes before your class so that you can enter the building with your class and we can begin on time.
- Students are to be dropped off by a parent and will then be escorted into the building by one of our staff. Parents are encouraged to wait with their child(ren) until they are checked-in.
- Upon entering and the studio, students will be given hand sanitizer.
- Classes for the 2021-2022 school year will be held in-person. If for any reason you must attend classes virtually, it is your responsibility to let the office know in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event of a forced closure, classes will transition to a virtual format for the duration of the closure. Tuition is non-refundable.
- Please encourage your dancer to use the restroom before leaving the house. The less bathroom breaks needed, the more time we can spend in class.
- The bathroom will be designated for one person per use.
- Our young dancers will be escorted to the bathroom by a staff member, but will need to be able to use the bathroom on their own.
- The lobby will be limited to faculty and staff.
- All parents / guardians, siblings and family members must wait outside of the building at this time.
- Parents should pick-up students from Ballet 180 School’s front door near the parking lot. For safety in the parking lot, please park your car and escort your dancer to and from the appropriate door.
- Each student will be released one at a time from the building.
- Students who wish to carpool must provide a written or emailed note of consent from both parents/guardians.
- Hard surfaces, dance floors and restrooms will be sanitized daily.
- A deep cleaning of the building will take place twice a week by a professional company.
- Medical grade air filters will be used in the dance studios and windows will be cracked open as much as possible.
- If you are sick or you have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 within the past 10 days, please stay home and follow CDC quarantine guidelines.
- If after sickness or exposure you do not have any symptoms, you may end your quarantine period after:
Day 10 without testing OR, Day 7 after receiving a negative test result (lab-based or rapid) after day 5.
Persons who have been fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine when exposed to someone with COVID-19 if they are fully vaccinated (two weeks after their final vaccine).
If you are unable to attend in-studio class due to illness or quarantine, you are welcome to participate in virtual classes instead. There will be no reduction in fees for virtual delivery of services.
updated July 23, 2021