Ballet 180 School COVID-19 Guidelines
The following guidelines will be evaluated and updated regularly based on the latest CDC and government guidelines. Ballet 180 School reserves the right to close the school and/or hold classes virtually if it is necessary for the health and safety of our staff and students.
All students attending class at the studio must agree to the policies below and must read, sign, and return this COVID-19 WAIVER before attending class: BALLET 180 SCHOOL COVID-19 WAIVER
- Please arrive on time! Punctuality is crucial in order to properly enforce our safety procedures.
- To minimize exposure, dancers will enter the building one at a time and parents/guardians dropping off and picking up students will not enter the studio. Procedures will be in place to ensure that this process happens safely and smoothly.
- All staff and students are required to wear a face mask while entering the building.
- Staff and students will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
- The lobby will be closed to families until further notice. Only staff and students may use the lobby.
- Class size will be limited to 8 dancers in our large studio, 4 dancers in our medium studio, and private lessons in our small studio.
- All staff and students are required to wear a face mask while in the dance studio.
- Students will dance in 6’ x 6’ squares to ensure social distancing. There will be no physical contact between dancers at any time. Any dancer who cannot follow the social distancing guidelines will be asked to leave the building.
- Water bottles and dance shoes are the only personal items allowed in the classroom. The onsite water fountain will be off limits at this time. Students may not bring food into or eat in the building.
- The bathroom will be designated for one person per use. It will be continuously sanitized between uses. Our youngest dancers in pre-primary and primary levels will be escorted to the bathroom by a staff member, but will need to be able to use the bathroom on their own. To make this easier, dancers in this age group are asked to wear a leotard and dance shoes only (NO TIGHTS).
- Classes will be dismissed from the dance room approximately 5-10 minutes early to allow for time to clean and safely line-up for pick-up.
- Each student will be released one at a time from the building.
- The lost and found has been removed. Any personal items that are left behind will be discarded.
- Dancers may only be in the studio when they are attending their registered class. All other dancers must leave the studio at the conclusion of their class. Therefore, if your dancer has a break between classes, they must be picked up by a parent/guardian and returned at the time of their next class.
- Students who wish to carpool must provide a written or emailed note of consent from both parents/guardians.
- Staff will steam mop the dance floors and sanitize the restrooms, ballet barres, door knobs, and other hard surfaces between all classes.
- A deep cleaning of the building will take place twice a week by a professional company.
- A designated staff member will be tasked with enforcing social distancing as well as frequent cleaning of all high-contact surfaces throughout our hours of operation.
- If you have a cough, fever or are sick please stay home. You are welcome to participate in virtual classes instead.
- Please, do not come to the studio if you or someone you have been exposed to tested positive, or had COVID-like symptoms, within the past 14 days.
- We reserve the right to take temperatures of anyone entering the studio using non-contact, infrared thermometers. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 ℉, or above, will be ask to leave the studio.
- Dancers who test positive for COVID-19 must remain home until they have been cleared by a doctor and must provide documentation.
updated July 14, 2020