We are happy to be able to offer virtual dance classes during this time when we must remain in our homes.
Through Ballet180Live! we are able to continue providing mental stimulation, physical activity, and a sense of community for our students.
Please tag us with #Ballet180Live with any photos from dancing at home. It makes our hearts so happy to see our students dancing even if it’s from afar.
How to Access Your Class on Zoom
Download the free Zoom app on your phone or computer. Login to your Parent Portal at least 10 minutes before class. Find your class under the Calendar section of your parent portal. You can then click on the class to see the video camera icon and click the camera to connect to the LIVE class through Zoom.
Tips for Dancing from Home
- Find a space that allows you to move without bumping into anything. Ideally you should be able to see your feet and your head in the video camera so that the teacher can provide corrections.
- For TV’s with a streaming device like AppleTV, Firestick or Roku – AIRPLAY the video from your device to your TV. On your device go to Settings > General >AIRPLAY on. On your TV after you power up your streaming device, Go to SETTINGS > AIRPLAY on. Return to your video and tap on the Airplay icon!
- Dress Appropriately:
- Ballet – Wear socks or ballet slippers; find a chair or counter that could act as a barre.
- Tap – Be aware of the floor surface. Do not dance on concrete, but protect your floor by putting socks over your tap shoes or wearing sneakers instead of tap shoes.
- Jazz – Sneakers may work best depending on the floor surface.
- Contemporary – Wearing socks is recommended.